Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Take off

It's 6:19 in the Sacramento airport on April 23, waiting for a flight to St Paul, then JFK, then Barcelona. They took my yogurt at Checkpoint Charlie. Silly me, thinking I could smuggle yogurt onto a plane. Oh well, let the adventure begin!

By the way, the adventure now includes Italy, but not France. The weather looked cool and rainy to the north, so I decided to stay south where my tent will be more comfortable. Rome, Sienna, Florence, Assisi, Naples, Sorrento. That's the plan.

Fearing $6 coffees in Italy, I picked up a tiny alcohol stove and packed my cook kit. Take that, you overpriced restaurateurs! I'll fight back with Kraft Mac & Cheese (not!) But I CAN make coffee, so at least the brain is activated before venturing out among the hordes of pick-pockets.


No comments:

Post a Comment